Pages

About Me

My photo
Miami, Florida, United States
I love to create--a little bit of this and a little bit of that--all the time. There is inspiration in all the things around us, we just have to take the time to look so take a moment to stop and have a SCRAPIPHANY!

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Day 1: Love is Patient

Well, what a doozy to start with! I have to be about the least patient person on the face of this earth. I really hate to admit it because those are things that you know you are, you just don't really admit it--not proper. So today's love dare was that--patience. The books quotes scripture and of the material I read today there was one that stood out:

"He who is slow to anger has great understanding, but he who is quick tempered exalts folly." Proverbs 14:29

Well, I thought that all that time my husband said something to me and I was quick to reply with a wiser remark...i thought I was winning. It turns out that I would be that much wiser if I just kept my mouth shut. Now I know it's easier said than done...and in today's society a woman does not need to cower at the foot of anyone. But that's not what this is saying, it simply says...don't be so quick to open your big mouth and say something that will escalate the situation, or before you say something you may regret or even hurt those around you. That's it!!! I'm not less of a person if I just stop and think or even hold my tongue from time to time.

Well, if there was any lesson my mother taught me it was that you never ask God for patience...you can only gain patience by going through trials which build that patience. Today I did just that...I asked for patience and sure enough, the day began with trials. They began flying towards us at about 8 am and haven't stopped yet. But the difference today was that I was emotionally prepared to handle things differently today. In spite of all the days events, today was not half bad--almost tolerable. A week ago I might have been running to the medicine cabinet or in front of a moving vehicle but not today.

So there might be something to this book. I will try to keep my future posts to a minimum but today was a bit of a revelation for me.

Tomorrow: Love is kind

See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment